Friday 21 February 2014

Brancaster & Repps-with-Bastwick

Wednesday 19th was another 'meet up' for the UK Plein air group at Brancaster. Ten hardy souls turned up and we had really good weather, if not just a tad windy. We spent a bit of time discussing our various set ups of easels and pochades. Artists are such a creative lot. Many had made their own. I've got some plans for my own based on the Open Box M but it won't be as fancy. I took my field easel this time as I was fed up having to hang onto my lightweight set up last time.
This is the morning painting. I am taken with this boat, last time I painted it it was facing the other way but I prefer this aspect, seeing the prow (?)

Fishing Boat, Brancaster Staithe 10" x 12" oil on board

  It needs a bit of work in the studio but I am generally quite pleased with it


The Jolly Sailors was packed out at lunch time as it is half term, must reserve a table another time. We did manage to squeeze into a small room much to the disapproval of a local that was perched at the bar doing the crossword.

After lunch I find it difficult to get going again but decided to tackle the mud again. I find it such a challenge. I was looking into the light and the sun was reflecting strongly off it. not pleased withe painting but I did learn from it. (like - don't paint mud!)

Here it is

Into the Light 10" x 12" oil on canvas


I left before sunset as I had to get to Norwich. The light on the trees as the sun went down was fantastic (I don't think I should have been driving) I kept looking around and wanting to stop and paint.
I stayed with Stephen and Rohan overnight so I could get to Repps=-with-Bastwick on the Norfolk Broads the next day where I spent a lovely day running an acrylic workshop I was so busy I forgot to take a photo of the group but here is the demo I did for them. 

Acrylic demo

What an amazing group of ladies, I had so much fun and a group of them are going to come on my painting holiday in France next September

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.