Saturday 26 July 2014

Pintar Rapido

I did it, I bought my two day artist pass for Pintar Rapido.  This an art event in London,  open to artists of all skill levels from professionals and amateurs right through to beginners.
Saturday 19th July I headed off for the boroughs of Kensington & Chelsea. First job was to call at Chelsea Town Hall to register and have the official stamp .

Fellow artists registering at Chelsea

I chose a spot on Chelsea embankment. Not only was this new to me but I also had a completely different range of paints. I was trying out Mussini Artist Resin Oil colours as I was writing an article on them for Paint magazine.

Chelsea Embankment

There were artists every where and it was great chatting to them, quite a few turned out to be Facebook friends. So good to put a face to a name and meet them in person. We have even tentatively arranged meeting up for painting sessions in Norfolk
I spent longer than usual on my painting, usually when I paint plein air I only paint for a maximum of two hours. I think this must have been three hours painting, I was there a lot longer though chatting to passers by.

Next job was to take it back to my car and pop it in a frame. It was then with feelings of great trepidation, that I handed it in to the Hall to be hung for the exhibition the following day. Walking along Kings Road I came across more artists that I knew. The atmosphere was amazing.

Sunday 11am the exhibition opened to the artists, there was such a buzz, quite a few paintings sold early on then just before12 noon when the public were allowed in was the prize giving

Roger Becket organiser announcing prize winners


 Peter Brown was one of the judges. First prize was for £1000 which was well deserved, can't remember the young man's name but it was a cracking painting


The Exhibition

We all had our pictures taken when we handed in.

Handing in


Final Painting

The whole event was so incredibly well organised and ran really smoothly. Pleased to say that my painting sold too.
Will I be back next year - you bet I will!!!

1 comment:

  1. great Blog Mo .. :-) Lovely painting and really nice meeting you in person :-)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.