Sunday 1 July 2018

Portugal 2018

I was delighted to be asked to return and paint in Portugal at the Villa of David Bachmann. This time we a small group of five. Johnny Walsom, Valerie Pirlot, Tim King, David and me.
We arrived in Faro and went straight to our first location which was Praia dos Tres Castelos, just West of the Praia da Rocha town beach.

Against the Light, Praia dos Tres Castelos

The next painting spot was at Ferragudo, I had a failed attempt at the harbour and moved on to paint a quickie from the car park

6" x 8"



After a rather splendid lunch , Valerie and I went round the corner to the beach area where we were both drawn to a little group of fishermen by the huts , so we settled to paint them.

Fishermen at Ferragudo

There wasn't enough time for a second large painting so I settled for another little quicky



6" x 8" Ferragudo Beach

The next day was wet and windy so, Valerie, Johnny and I went off to the fish market to select subjects for a still life. It was hard to explain to the very helpful lady that we did not want our fish gutting but it was worth the effort

Durada 8" x 10"


Sardines 8" x 10"


The next day was much better so we went to Praia Dona Anaon

Praia da Dona AnaOn






Praia de Camillo





Valerie, Johnny and I climbed down loads of steps to get to the vantage point but it was worth the effort.The next day was departure day and rainy again so I picked some lemons from the garden and painted those before I had to pack and leave.

1 comment:

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.