Friday 17 September 2021

September Newsletter

My feet have hardly touched the ground since I last wrote to you all. The exhibition in London has been and gone, I've caught up on a bit of weeding, we've had the outside of the house decorated, I've been to Norfolk to prepare for Open Studios, been out painting and, I am taking part in the Strada Easel challenge which means a painting every day throughout September.
I have a couple of offers for you too this month, read on for more details.
Colour & Light

Mall Galleries 7th - 12th September
I'm still having to pinch myself. The exhibition exceeded my expectations with just under a third of all paintings sold. I am also delighted to have sold six of the ten paintings I had in the show.
 
I arrived in London the day before the hang to ensure I was at the Gallery for 8.30am Monday morning. The first thing we had to do was place the 240 paintings around the room and from there we shuffled them around to make a pleasing hang. That is easier said than done! By lunch time we were pleased with the layout so the pictures started to go up on the wall. I thought I'd got an easy job, I couldn't help hang as my shoulder still isn't up to it so I started putting labels on. I soon enlisted the help of Maria Rose, John Stillman and Tim King. Matching labels to titles and catalogue numbers, juggling spreadsheets, finding the correct label and placing on the wall, and ticking off of sheet actually took the best part of three hours. 
We finally finished at 6pm. I stood back and took the whole room in for the first time and had a little emotional moment. All the hard work had paid off and here I was, standing in the Mall Gallery with a group of  lovely artists that I'm proud to call my friends.
arranging the paintings                                                         the label team
I returned to my hotel room by 7.15 had 15 mins to chat to Frank before heading out for dinner with The Northern Boys who were in town painting for the week. I got back to my room again at 11.30 and remembered I hadn't done my Strada easel challenge for the day so I did a gouache painting of the bananas I'd bought for my lunch.
Guess who overslept?? I had to rush to get down to the Mall by 10am ready for a day stewarding. Time went so quickly as there were so many lovely visitors to chat to. I shot off at 4 to meet Frank who had come down for the private view Tuesday evening, a quick change and back to the Mall. It was lovely to see so many friends and visitors. One thing I did NOT expect was any reward for my efforts so it was a great surprise to hear my name over the speakers and turned around to see Tim & Maria on the steps calling me over. I was over the moon to receive and rather splendid bottle of red wine from F & M, a Diana Armfield book I'd wanted and a voucher for Cass Art.
with Maria & Tim, and yes I made a speech to thank everyone
 
We have an amazing catalogue for the show
we are selling them online now as souvenirs of the show


 order yours here
Norfolk Open Studios

Sep 25, 26, Oct 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10

 
On my return from London I had a couple of days at home catching up on a few jobs before going to Norfolk to prepare for Norfolk Open Studios. I am open at weekends 10am - 5pm
inside the gallerage.                                                  still more paintings to hang
I will also have a selection of art materials from my recent studio clear out, plus there is a bargain bin of unframed work that is taking up too much space .

As an added bonus, 
I am offering you as a subscriber 10% off all purchases.
Please don't forget to mention it.

I do hope you can pop along and say hello
Strada Easel Challenge

As if I wasn't busy enough, I have undertaken the Strada Easel challenge. This means doing a painting from life every day throughout September and then posting them online. It's a great discipline and because of the the public commitment, it does make you paint when you might otherwise find something else to do.

I had started the month with the intention of doing all the paintings outside but I'm afraid the rather wet weather soon knocked that idea out of the window. I did however manage to catch up with my friend Emma Perring who had come to Norfolk for a few days to paint. We had a couple of albeit rather cold days, painting on first Cley beach and the next day on Weybourne beach.
sky study, Cley beach                                                      Cley church from the beach
Weybourne Beach
All the paintings I do as part of the challenge are available.
Prices start at £190
Please let me know if you see one you fancy


here are a few more for you to browse
more available paintings from the challenge 
 
I almost forgot to mention that many of my recent paintings have been painted with my 'wrong' hand.
I am still finding awkward but am enjoying the results.
I even sold one of my left handed paintings at the Mall Galleries and the buyer was delighted with it, especially after I told her the story of the broken arm.

 
Mulberry House

I mentioned at the beginning that we have had the outside of the house painted. I spent ages choosing the colour and finally decided on F&B Lichen, a beautiful deep blue/green.
The result is nothing like I imagined, it has come out more 'minty'.
Nevertheless I am quite pleased with the result and the house looks nice a clean again
I hope you've enjoyed catching up on all my news.
I'm off to run a course in Harwich next week,
I'm hoping that next month will be a little quieter.

I reach another milestone birthday at the beginning of October
(I'll leave you guessing). Time to take it easy??? I doubt it very much.

Thank you so much for your support. I hope to see to in Norfolk 

love and best wishes
Mo x
Facebook
Instagram
Website
Email



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.