Friday 1 November 2013

Getting out there

What a wonderful week of painting I've had.
On Wednesday I met up with 9 other artists to paint at Brancaster Staithe on the Norfolk coast.

This was the first painting I did and struggled with the colour of the mud.

Up the Creek

 This was the painting I did in the studio from my sketch. I hope I have captured the feeling of 'being there'.

The next day I went inland and found this delightful scene at Glandford just asking to be painted.

Path at Cley Spy

 Then for some daft reason went to the beach at Weybourne. Boy, was it cold but I was lucky enough to catch the fishermen putting in their boat. had to be pretty swift to catch the moment

Putting The Boat In

 My third day in Norfolk I trotted off to Broads. Only an hour away but for some reason unknown to me, I'd never painted there. Well, it won't be the last time that's for sure. What a wonderful place to be.

The Broads


St Benet's Abbey




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.