Friday 29 November 2013

Open Studio 29th Nov - 1st Dec

Well for the last three weeks I have been busy unframing old work, sorting through work that has potential, work for galleries, work back from galleries (not many of those I'm pleased to say) and new work to be framed.
Then there were the frames to sort. Matching slips to frames and frames to slips. I have no idea how I could have managed to end up with so many odd ones. They all matched when I bought them (is it the sock fairy playing games with me?).
I spent three days repainting frames and another two framing.
Next job was to tackle the studio! Where to start??? I found all sorts of things I thought I'd lost or had forgotten about.
The last two days have been spent hanging and pricing - finally I'm ready.
This morning I made the mulled wine and now the house smells all Christmasy



There was a very good article in the local paper. I have put up posters and sent out invites. Now all I have to do is sit back and hope that I get a few visitors.
If you are in the Spalding area, do pop along for a chat and glass of mulled wine. Friday, Saturday & Sunday (29th -1st) 11am - 4pm   CHEERS

1 comment:

  1. If my studio looked anything like that I would have to dragged out kicking and screaming... :-) lovely feel to it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.