Saturday 8 February 2014

Windy Wednesday

A date had been set to paint at Brancaster Staithe not knowing at the time what the weather would have in for us. Having said I was going I wasn't going to let the weather defeat me.
Haidee-Jo Summers was going too so we decided to share the journey as she was passing the end of my road.
The skies were so black and full of rain but by the time we got to BS the sun was shining. The wind though was another matter.
Quite a few artists had already arrived and were tucked in behind their cars for shelter. I only had my pochade and tripod with me which are very lightweight. Big mistake, I couldn't take my hand off it and it still blew over at least twice.

In spite of the weather everyone seemed to produce good paintings and we had a lovely lunch, chatting in the local, The Jolly Sailors

Brancaster Staithe 10" x 12" oil on board

I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.