Thursday 22 January 2015

Day 22 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Up with the sparrows this morning, very busy day. I'm cooking for 15 for supper at mine tonight, taking Dad shopping and then treating him to lunch out, plus maybe a bit of housework.
I thought I'd have a crack at a sunrise. We've had some spectacular skies of late, typically - not this morning.
I found it difficult to get the luminescence I wanted, although I don't go back to my studies I may just try glazing this. Also my timing was wrong I'd nearly finished when the best sky appeared. I resisted the temptation to 'chase the light' also my paint was freezing!!!!


Moulton Sunrise

2 comments:

  1. I like this one. You are so brave to paint in the freezing weather to get this little landscape! I really love the colors!



    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting outdoors is impressive! I know what you mean about the luminescence, but this has a nice quality the way it is. Almost looks like ground fog, so delicate.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.