Tuesday 4 April 2017

Workshop at Norfolk Creative Arts, Grimston

 Fruit in Blue bowl - 8" x 8" oil on canvas board

Last Friday my lovely painting pal Penny German came to stay over en route to her painting workshop in Norfolk. The plan was to get a bit of painting in but I just happened to mention that we have a very good retail outlet nearby - need I say more??? We did talk a lot of arty stuff later over a few glasses of wine, which was great.
I asked if she minded me joining in on the workshop which was on still life painting - no problem , so I packed my gear and we set off in convoy the next morning.
The Norfolk Creative Art centre is very well appointed. Hans had provided easels, lights, paints and brushes . the building is an old school so the room is spacious and very light. We were welcomed with a delicious fresh coffee while Penny set up the still lifes.
Once the group had arrived Penny demonstrated the technique of grisaille - a method of painting in grey monochrome. very useful for sorting out your tones in a still life. I enjoyed working this way and couldn't wait to start putting the colour on. 
Lunch was a delicious home prepared meal provided by Hans followed by pudding and all dished up in the spacious dining room/gallery.
The whole group really enjoyed the day and everyone including a complete beginner produced some great work under the guidance of Penny.

Penny German
Norfolk Creative Arts 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.