Wednesday 11 September 2013

Day 11 0f 30

Another studio day.
I'm really enjoying this journey, meeting lots of amazing artists, new to me, along the way.
Decided to go a tad larger today. Also to go for stronger colour. What better than tomatoes?

I had to bring in another colour for this one. I added Cadmium Red to my pallet.
Once I was pleased with the composition, i put a square 10" x 10" board on the easel. It was a painting that I'd done ages ago and wanted to paint over it. A tip here is, if you want to paint over an old picture, turn it upside down. That way you won't be distracted by the original.
It's a lovely surface to work on, I often do this, sometimes leaving some of the original showing through. (Doesn't always work with nudes!)

This painting almost painted itself and was finished in an hour

Tomatoes 10" x 10" oil on board  £120


To see some of the other artists' work go to http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. I love this Mo! The tomatoes are divine - very luscious and vibrant! I'm enjoying following your progress. Isn't the challenge such fun? But tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great painting. It is so interesting that you painted over an old painting. I love the result.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.