Tuesday 21 April 2020

#30in20 Flower challenge

The best thing about this challenge is, that you don't have to paint every day, although I am trying to, I don't feel guilty when I spend a day gardening. Always a dilemma at this time of year as there is so much to do out there but at the same time, all those beautiful tulips and daffodils are calling to be painted.

5 of 20

Yellow Daffodils

Having painted this I have decided that it looks rather stiff, the foreground cloth is a bit severe too. I quite like the complimentary colour of the background. I will be revisiting this one once it has dried a bit

6 0f 20

Pink Camellia

I've been tempted every year to have a crack at painting my Camillia. It puts on a fantastic show every year but I always seem to find something else to do Ha ha. (coward)
I know I have to push myself so, here it is. I wanted to add the tube of Micheal Harding 'Brilliant Pink' for added interest.

7 of 20

Pink Camellia 2

Wanted to try this one again but with different background and different highlight colours

8 of 20

Pink Camellia 3

Got it!! It needed a darker background and softer edges. I like the way the light comes through he jar. I think I'll put this one away for now and try something different tomorrow

9 of 20

Pansies & Primroses


detail

Well, I said I'd try something different!  I stood in the garden for this. Painted over two days as the sun moved too quickly. I really enjoyed this. I did struggle with getting highlights on the pansies. The addition of white just killed the brilliance of the violet. I resorted to Kings Blue Light and Old Holland violet Grey.in the end. Still some experimenting to be done there me thinks.

Although I am still not entirely pleased with anything yet, I do feel that I have learned a lot. Also looking at all the work by the other artists taking part, I can see how many of them too have learned a lot.

This flower challenge is created by Roos Schuring
You can see all the other artists' work HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.